What would you consider essentials in your next Garage? Here are 10 features I would like to see in my garage space:
1. Floor Space – enough space for all of your toys and to be able to get around without dinging them.
2. Shelf Space – as important as floor space, otherwise your tools will end up on the floor.
3. Power – 120V and 220V so you can run all of your toys and tools.
4. Heating – In Edmonton we need to enjoy our space year round. Make the space comfortable so you can spend more time in it.
5. Durable flooring – a sealed floor to protect it from crashes and spills. Better yet a custom garage floor.
6. Light – plenty of lighting and not just from the ceiling where it casts shadows.
7. Sound Insulation – for the benefit of those in the attached house.
8. Ventilation – for when you get to play with chemicals. A ceiling fan is a nice addition.
9. Security –fencing, gate controls, video surveillance and monitored alarms to protect your toys
10. Comfort – can this space be somewhere you feel comfortable enough to spend an entire weekend? Do you need somewhere to sit? Room for a fridge?
Come on Edmonton share your ideas?
Photo courtesy of Uberreview